Oh friends, this week didn't go at all as I had planned. Milo has been home from school all week with a high fever and congestion that causes much coughing and sneezing... and sadly some yakking too. (My least favorite part of parenting by a MILE.) Spencer joined in on the fever and coughing fun today, but swapped the yakking for a weird rash on his neck and face. So... it's been a rough week. I'm declaring the new year starts tomorrow.
With that... a few things from the week.
1. With all the time I've been housebound, I've gotten the remaining squares cut for my "Scraptastic Christmas" quilt. There are 375 squares cut from 100 different fabrics. File this under "I have stash problems".... Mostly because the majority of these were bought with this purpose in mind. Egad. BUT. It makes me so happy to look at....
2. Hayley is settling in to our household quite well. I don't know that she realizes that she is a greyhound though since her favorite pastime is fetch these days. Maybe it's because she never raced?! Regardless... she has a very spunky personality and it's fun to see it emerge as she gets comfortable here.
3. I've failed completely this week in my ability to cook for the family. Between being stuck here with a sick kid and an empty cupboard because we were away to fighting off this cold and feeling pretty lethargic myself... it's been PATHETIC. And the one time I managed to get an awesome meal prepped and in the slow cooker on time... I FORGOT TO TURN THE SLOW COOKER ON!!! Of course, I also spoiled the meat by leaving it on the counter all day. Like I said... not the week I had envisioned. And don't even ask what's for dinner tonight because I have NOT. ONE. CLUE.
4. In the midst of all this chaos and confusion, coughing and craziness... I did manage to start a business plan/strategy for the upcoming year. Lots of growth and new ideas planned. I'm excited to see how it flushes out once I get time to really focus on it in the upcoming weeks.
5. I've made a few purchases this past week that have the potential to change my life in dramatic ways. From socks to electronics to journals... I've got it all. I'm determined to make this the year that I eliminate little annoyances from my life. (I do realize that was not a goal of mine.... but when your toe pops through the third pair of socks in a week... you tend to re-assess things....) Now if only I could buy a robot that does laundry for you....
Happy First Friday, my friends! I hope your week was more enjoyable and productive than mine!