Ah. The saying is true. When it rains, it pours. And sometimes it's both literally *and* figuratively! Last week was bonkers between a crazy work schedule, appointments, and blah weather. But here we are in a new week. Ready to reflect on last week. (And you will see why this post is so belated when you get to the fifth item.)
1. Last weekend, I got around to washing all the windows. Inside and out. All of them. At the same time. I think this might be the first time in all ten years that happened. (I have washed the windows during that time... just never in one big batch.) The house-selling experts are right... clean windows DO make a difference!
* In case you were wondering, that's over 500 square feet of glass that was washed. Wow.
2. It's raining, it's pouring!!! The week was filled with rain. Rain, rain, and more rain. Heavy torrential downpours and light drizzles that coated everything. And it was COLD. Frost warning cold. To say that we were able to don spring jackets and sunglasses today is an understatement. In the middle of all of this, Milo somehow learned the "song" "It's raining, it's pouring" and sang it repeatedly. All. Week. Long.
3. May is for Makers! Oh, this movement makes my heart SING. I get a little emotional when I try to put into words how wonderful I think this campaign is. In short, I pledge to buy five patterns during the five weeks of May from five independent designers. I didn't actually purchase a pattern last week due to indecision (go figure!), so I'm buying two in the second week. I think that this creative MAKER community is so incredibly giving (especially to newbies like me), that I want to give back to them. Want to know more? LRstitched is the brains behind the movement, and Lorna expressed herself beautifully on this subject.
4. And in a shocking turn... I'm selling my Nikon camera gear. (I KNOW.) I consider my D600 one of my babies, so this decision was NOT made lightly. It's been a long time coming though. Don't worry... I will be buying a new system though. Once I save up all my dollars that is. In the meantime, I'll be relying on my trusty x100t to capture the moments in our lives. I'm not walking away from photography (and I'm not sure I ever could), but I am drastically changing how I approach my photography. It's a HUGE step for me... one that overwhelms me at times, and one that I still question. But in my gut, I feel this is right. (And I am SURE the guys at the camera shop are ready for me to move forward with my decision too.)
5. You know how I DON'T want to spend my Friday night?! Cleaning up the outcome of someone putting paper towels in the toilet and then USING the toilet. Let's not go into details... because I am sure you can all imagine what happened. But it was GROSS. It was EVERYWHERE. And it took HOURS to get the bathroom back in order. Kids. They are making my hair gray, day by day.
I am seriously behind in downloading and journaling my photos these days... so I don't have a photo (or photos) to share today. But my April photos should be going live any day now! (Sigh. One day I will be on time...)