Does anyone else feel incredibly overwhelmed by life recently?! Stressed out?! Freaking out about everything that has to get done and wondering about how it's going to happen?! Yeah, me too. I mean, I seriously cannot. keep. up. I honestly considered having the title of this post tattooed onto the back of my hand as a reminder. That's how bad it is.
I could catalogue all my gripes and stressors in a rambling, nonsensical way... but I won't bore you with that. Instead, here are the top ten random thoughts I'm having lately (that are kinda sorta gripes as well).
1. Where are all these ants coming from?! I feel like there are ants everywhere these days. Normally, I'm complaining about ticks at this time of year... and while the ticks are problematic too, the ants are out. of. control. And I swear, my house is really very neat. It's not like I have crumbs all over... And don't even get me started on all the whacked out bugs outside the house.
2. What's with the weather?! It's June 14th and I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt, jeans, and a hoodie. That's just wrong.
3. Someone really needs to block me from tru*lia. Holy cow. Total time suck. And completely depressing given the state of the real estate market.
4. I've been reading a lot more than normal recently. To the tune of a book a night at points. (I've always read every night... but a book a night is highly abnormal.) Anyone have a good read they want to share?! Preferably something I won't want to put down... but nothing too heavy. My brain can't handle it right now! [I just read Big Girl Small by Rachel DeWoskin and the Pioneer Woman's Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. Both very, very good... and complete opposite ends of the spectrum.]
5. I wonder how much it would cost to replace the rug in the family room.
6. I wonder how silly that would be considering we're hopefully moving soon.
7. Why did no one warn me of the whining these kids are capable of!? Whoa. It's just a tad bit grating these days. All along, I've known that it's the "terrible two years" and not the "terrible twos" but I'm really a bit scared. And I get more scared the closer we get to three. Someone please tell me four is amazing and makes you forget all that happened at three?
8. I think it's time to go with the short-short hair again.
9. If I packed boxes up over a year ago in preparation for listing the house... and I haven't opened the majority of those boxes during the year, what's the likelihood that I'll actually need/want what's in those boxes?
10. Why won't my mail sync between my macbook and the server. It's a mac for crying out loud! Do you know how annoying it is to manually have to update your phone to match!?
Did you make it through that list?! I gotta say, I actually feel a little bit better now. Maybe I'll even get a happy post up in the next couple of days? Hmmm...
In the meantime, my favorite shot of S at the moment. I can't place my finger on why I love it so much, but I do.