I was recently tagged by my friend Grace over at Chois-R-Us. Most of you who read this blog already know Grace, and know how awesome she is, so I'll go with the standard "Thanks Grace!" since I'm trying to knock this out while Spencer, uhm, "cooks" with some bowls, pots, and water under my feet. Here's what I'm supposed to do: 1. thank and link back to the person who gave you the award. 2. share 7 things about yourself. 3. award 15 awesome bloggers.
I always struggle when it comes to giving random factoids about myself. I just don't find myself, or my life, that interesting... I even thought about copying Kelly, and doing "Seven things I've learned about myself since I've become a Mama" - but that was hard too (and some of those discoveries I really didn't like). So here's my list of seven things that pop into my head on a Sunday morning.
1. Spencer legitimizes having some of my favorite toys back in the house. Duplos, bristle blocks, and play-doh to name three. He recently lost his duplos for a while after some bad behavior. I wasn't sure who was happier to bring them back upstairs, me or him.
2. My favorite "I'm really stressed out" meal is a "Happy Waitress" sandwich and cheese fries with gravy. (That statement probably won't mean anything to you unless you are from Jersey though) A close second is a taylor ham and egg sandwich. Both of which I am craving right now.
3. It's Superbowl Sunday, and I won't be watching. I'm thinking it might actually be a good night to go to the supermarket or Target.
4. I have never loved coffee so much as I do now. More than my "work hard, party harder" days. I never thought that was possible. I've seriously had thoughts about having a coffee pod brewer on my nightstand. Yes, some nights are just that bad around here.
5. I'm craving a tropical vacation. Probably because of all of this ridiculous snow and bad weather we've been having. While I'm not a cruise gal, that sounds pretty much perfect right now. Especially one that has lots of entertainment for the toddler crowd.
6. On the travel front... I've been to seven countries. Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Canada, Costa Rica, and South Korea (obviously).
7. I can't believe it's time for taxes again, and we still haven't gotten our refund from last year due to red tape and a mistake on our accountant's part. This makes me want to find a new accountant, but I just don't have the energy to do that right now. Maybe next year.
So, now I'm supposed to tag 15 people, but I'm going to be lame and not do that part. Mostly because it took over two hours to write this with all the interruptions. (Does anyone else's child self-entertain for more than two minutes, because mine clearly doesn't.) Instead, I'm going to "tag" all my Canadian buddies/readers. There's at least five of you!