I owe you all more detailed posts on both Saturday and Sunday (and photos!) but I'm soooo tired, I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm hoping to do a massive catch-up tomorrow afternoon. In the meantime, here's the highlights: Saturday
- Woke up and were delighted to find out the coffee gods smiled on us and put a Starbucks right outside the hotel. (Hey, we need our morning coffee... what can I say?!)
- Walked around to find SWS. After some confusion (which will be a humorous story for you tomorrow) we found it. It all began to feel a little more real...
- After a stop back at the hotel to "regroup" we headed out the city hall area (via the subway) where we walked around for a little bit and explored Namdaemun, headed up to the Lotte Department Store, had lunch, then stopped at Techno Mart on the way back from the "downtown" area.
- Low key night and early to bed.
- Woke up early (earlier than we wanted) after a decent night's sleep.
- Skyped with some family members in the morning before heading out.
- Got breakfast (at Starbucks of course!) picked up some T-money cards and jumped back on the subway to Gyeongbokgung.
- Explored Gyeongbokgung and then had lunch over in that area.
- Jumped back on the subway to Insadong and did some shopping.
- After a full day, we headed back for another low-key evening and will be going to sleep soon. (I hope!)
In less than 12 hours we'll be at SWS to be transported to the foster family's home to meet Spencer! We're excited and anxious all at once. (And nervous, and overwhelmed, and happy.... so many emotions, so little time!)
More, much much more tomorrow!